Monday, May 11, 2009

"Renewing Rains"

What an excellent way to start the day--sitting outside on the front porch watching the morning rain fall down on the earth. Listening to the methodic pounding on the concrete walk--the cars passing by leaving ripples as the ever-increasing puddles fight to regain their shape. The sound of morning birds calling to one another in greetings. All-the-while the refreshing smell of rain droplets penetrate my nostrils--promising new life to the grassy fields, to the robin who leans in for chilling refreshment. The breeze, as it rustles the newly formed leaves, reminds me of the importance of faith. Though I cannot see, I still believe. The sun, giving way to the earth's pleading for rain--a new day has begun.

"You have promised me a new day, Oh Lord. You promise to provide for me just as you provide the earth its lifeblood. So here are my thoughts, concerns and desires. Here are my passions and my plans. Ruin me. In my own selfish gain, ruin me. May the beating of my heart and the air escaping my lips be only for your glory and not my own."

No comments: