Thursday, March 13, 2008

"It's as if the magic of this blissful hour has flowed together into these stirring, bittersweet tones and flow away, becoming transitory once more."

The Lord is steadfast. The Lord is holy. He is mighty to save. He is constant--unfailing, all-loving. He longs for me. He rejoices in my love. He laid everything out for me and oh how He must tremble every time I reject His love.

How wrong we are to search high and low for satisfaction and love from others when the Lord of all the universe desires us more than life. I have been taught a great deal lately about this notion of earthly love versus an unfailing heavenly love from above. No matter how hard we try to love in a pure fashion it always comes back to loving one another out of selfishness. We love in order to get love in return, whether directly or indirectly. 1 Corinthians 13 says "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." May we live like the scriptures command us and not out of selfish ambition.

"Father, forgive me for my failures."

No comments: