Saturday, March 29, 2008

“Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it”

I have been in the middle of a great deal of conflict recently. When this initially began, I found myself wanting to fix it and remove any conflict that separated me with others so that I could once again feel at ease, as if all is right in the world. Now however, I have realized that having peace isn't about removing all conflict and tension in my life but coping with it and allowing it to be okay.

There's something about coming out on the other side of conflict having grown so much more from it then had I completely avoided it all together. As non enjoyable as it is at times I am thankful for growing pains...for a little friction in life which allows me to grow even more than had everything gone my way.

No comments: