Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Nothing of Me"

"'Come,' he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, 'Lord, save me!' Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. 'You of little faith,' he said, 'why did you doubt?'" - Matthew 14:29-31

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider lost for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith." - Philippians 3:7-9

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." - Hebrews 10:23

"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." - Daniel 3:17-18

"The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it." - 1 Thessalonians 5:24

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders." - Deuteronomy 33:12

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." - Exodus 14:14


"Father, nothing of this world...I want none of it if it is not of you. You have the power to deliver. You have the power to create change, to provide, to reveal. Even still there is power in your silence, in your soft touch, and in the groaning of your Holy Spirit. May I not look to my own interests but also to yours, to others and finally to myself. May I cast all idols aside. May I lay everything I covet at your cross. Father, you are. That's all that matters. I want nothing if I cannot have you. I know you are faithful. I know you provide. But Father, tonight I pray for PEACE as you lead--lead on. And as you lead may I not look behind. It's about you and me--not anything of this world. Praise be to you. May I fall humbly before you. May nothing of me ever get in your way. Here I am--I am yours."

No comments: