Monday, December 3, 2007

"God will only mend a broken heart when He is given all the pieces" - Author Unknown

I have been thinking about that quite a bit lately. How we give a small piece of ourselves to the Lord--holding so much of ourselves back and expect Him to mend our hearts and our hurts. I am guilty of this very thing. I still find myself holding things back from the Father and when I do hand something over to Him I trick myself into thinking that I am being generous by giving Him this small thing. When in all reality I am cheating myself of something so much greater if I would just trust in Him and His timing completely.

Who am I? Who am I, to think that I should have control over all of the meaningless things in my life? Why do I refuse to hand it over? Has not the Lord repeatedly proven to me that He is willing and more than able to handle my worries, my hurts, my successes, and my passions?

I find myself unsure of so many things in life. I know that He is constant. I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I know that He will still love me. I don't know if the friendships I am making now will last. He will lift me up. Why am I so willing to lean on the temporary things of life but not rely on this God who promises to walk with me all of my days?

I wish I knew the answers to these things.

No comments: