Friday, December 21, 2007

“You can hear the footsteps of God when silence reigns in the mind.” - Sri Sathya Sai Baba

For months I have been looking forward to this break. Basking on this idea of getting away from the busy life I live and focusing intently on the vastness of His love. Now I find myself here--sitting in the midst of hours of unscheduled time--with no particular thing pressing for my attention. And yet here I am, in my silence, having no certain idea of what I need.

The slowness of my days is discomforting. I find myself spending my hours alone doing anything to keep my mind from being still--hours reading stories of other peoples' make believe lives or watching a fictitious character play it out on the screen.

I'm not sure I had realized my cowardness until now--my small attempts to delay a much needed time with Him alone. All the things in this world mean so little compared to Him and yet here I am filling my life with them instead of the Father.

"In this time of rest teach me to give You all that is me. May I grow and mature in You and Your word. Teach me the disciplines You have set out for me. Show me Your face."

No comments: