Monday, December 3, 2007

“The heart is the best reflective thinker.” - Wendell Phillips

I am finding myself in a place of transition. Transition in relationships, in my walk with the Lord--Transition in my way of thinking and feeling. Yes, I do believe that this is partially from the closing of a semester. It's like that old childhood phrase in the game of hide-and-seek..."Whether you are ready or not, here it comes."

I would definitely have to agree that I have mixed feelings about this transitional period. I am honestly a little apprehensive about the change. I am not ready to give up my comfortable place in WMU 106 for six weeks. I enjoy my classes and want to learn more in them. I am finding great satisfaction and excitement in new relationships. The Lord is definitely showing me a great deal of things. I am comfortable and enjoying this piece of life.

With that being said, as I examine all these different aspects of my life I must admit that I am afraid. I don't like the unknown and uncomfortable. I enjoy people and believe it or not the noise of dorm life. I enjoy the presence of others. I think I am fearful simply because I know that the Lord will stretch me and change me and that will be painful, good, but painful all the same.

This "time off" will be good for me. He seems to always use this time in between semesters to remind me of His presence in my life and how only He can fill the void in my heart. This transition is strange but positive. I am thankful that He has allowed me to become thankful for the blessings He has bestowed upon me.

No comments: